Herbal teas are mixtures of several ingredients and are more accurately known as ‘tisanes.’ Tisanes are made from combinations of dried leaves, seeds, grasses, nuts, barks, fruits, flowers, or other botanical elements that give them their taste and provide the benefits of herbal teas. There is evidence that green tea can help strengthen the immune system.
Tea is one of the most widely consumed beverages worldwide and is available in various forms. Green tea is richer in antioxidants compared to other forms of tea. Tea is composed of polyphenols, caffeine, minerals, and trace amounts of vitamins, amino acids, and carbohydrates. The phytochemicals present in green tea are known to stimulate the central nervous system and maintain overall health in humans. Green tea phytochemicals are a potent source of exogenous antioxidant candidates that could diminish the impact of photoaging.
It is also important to understand that there are a huge variety of herbal teas available in the market, each of which is designed to have a specific therapeutic or medicinal benefit. However, there are some general benefits that can be obtained from most herbal teas, and these are as follows:
01. achieving a more calm and relaxed state of mind
02. supporting heart health
03. aiding with stomach and digestive problems
04. providing cleansing properties for the body
05. promoting energy and wellness
06. nourishing the nervous system
07. strengthening the immune system
08. providing antioxidants to the body
09. boosting energy levels and invigorating the body
10. relieving stress
11. helping to avoid colds
12. stimulating the internal organs
13. promoting a good night’s sleep
14. caffeine free and tastes great
Herbal Green Tea may help to increase the immune system of people. The polyphenols in herbal teas load them up with antioxidants that benefit your body in several ways. Antioxidants nurture a healthy lifestyle and give you the boost of energy you need to get through your busy day.
The thing is, there are many different herbs that can be found in herbal tea, each with a different use and purpose. Some common ones include:
1. Coleus – is known for its use to treat allergies, dry eye, skin conditions, obesity.
2. Garcinia cambogia – helps to increase weight loss and decrease appetite levels
3. Cinnamon – is calming and helps to support healthy circulation and digestion.
4. Rooibos – may boost heart health, has antioxidant properties, improves digestion.
5. Ginger root – is excellent for improving circulation, and is one of the best herbs for improving digestion, nausea, lung congestion, and arthritis.
6. Lemongrass – contains substances that are thought to relieve pain and swelling, reduce fever, improve levels of sugar and cholesterol in the blood and have antioxidant properties.
7. Jamun seed – contain alkaloids, chemicals which prevent the conversion of starch into sugar and keep diabetes in check.
8. Licorice - is used to soothe gastrointestinal problems. In cases of food poisoning, stomach ulcers, and heartburn, licorice root extract may speed the repair of stomach lining and restore balance. This is due to the anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties of glycyrrhizic acid.
9. Turmeric – It's a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant and may also help improve symptoms of depression and arthritis.
10. Lemon – is very rich in Vitamin C, contains minerals such as magnesium, calcium and phosphorous.
11. Tulsi – helps in reducing anxiety, a very good stress buster, lowers body toxin level and also helps burning body fat.
12. Giloy - boosts immunity and digestion, treats chronic fever, is effective against diabetes and cab treat eye disorders. In case of asthma, giloy can reduce its symptoms.
Green tea is one of the healthiest herbal teas to drink and it certainly offers a whole lot of goodness.
Kindly click the below link to shop Indian Herbal Valley's 100% Natural & Export Quality Herbal Green Tea meant for Immunity Boost, Weight Management, Healthy Sugar Management and Healthy Heart functioning which are made available to customers at affordable prices https://www.indianherbalvalley.com/products
Prof. Malati Salunkhe